- Born and raised in in Southern California
- Currently resides in the greater Denver, Colorado, area with his wife, Nadyne, and their Cairn Terrier, Lucy
- Between them they have six grown children, five grandkids and a great-granddaughter
- Corp. Service Manager at Western Paper Distributors
- Has completed his first three mystery novels and has begun his fourth
- Six books of poetry and photography published
- Published a poet's guide to poetic forms
- Poem purchased by textbook publisher McGraw-Hill
- Articles and writing guides published on the Yahoo! Contributor Network
Currently the Service Manager at Western Paper Distributors, Jack's background includes several years of business development and over thirty years in the computer industry. During his time in IT Jack has had many articles published in various print and web magazines and journals.
Jack had his first poems published at age 10 when his fifth grade teacher submitted two pieces that were accepted by a literary magazine. Since then Jack has written poetry off and on throughout his life, taking it up seriously in the summer of 2007.
Jack began taking photos while in grade school with his first Brownie camera. It was given to him by his grandmother and used black and white film. He has used various cameras over the years, and presently uses a high-tech Sony digital camera. As with his poetry, Jack prefers interesting takes on commonplace themes.
The definition of ekphrastic poetry is a "descriptive work of prose or poetry... (that) highlights through its rhetorical vividness what is happening, or what is shown in, say, any of the visual arts, and in doing so, may enhance the original art and so take on a life of its own through its brilliant description" (see ekphrasis at Reference.com). Late in 2007, Jack realized that he had been practicing this ancient art form without knowing it. Since then, he has combined over 300 poems with photographs. Though each piece can stand on its own, both the poem and photo are enhanced through their pairing.
In April, 2013, Jack began writing his first novel, which was completed later that year. Two sequels were completed, continuing a mystery series with retired detective Pat Ruger as the protagonist. Book 4 is under way.